Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Rejuvinating Blog for New Allergy Elimination Diet

I recently discovered that there seems to be a link between my migraines and pollen cross-sensitivity foods, so I am going on an elimination diet again cutting out these foods and bringing this blog back from the dead.

You can find more information about pollen cross-sensitivity here - Fall Oral Allergy Syndrome. The article is specific to ragweed related foods but is a good introduction to the topic. I am concerned with ragweed, tree pollen and grass related foods as I tested positive for allergies to them as a child and all of my uncommon migraine trigger foods are known to have pollen cross-reactions to one of those.

Eating:
I wasn't very hungry this morning (probably because I was feeling migrainey) and so just ate a rice cake (70cals).

I'm currently having a late lunch of 2/3 cup oatmeal, ~1/2 cup grape juice, 1/4 cup raisins (370 cals).

And I've been drinking black coffee.(Thank goodness I can have coffee, since I can't have chicory or most teas.) Need to drink some water!

0 Comments:

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks