Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Week 2 Summary

The best thing about week 2 is that I lost 4 pounds.  (Keep in mind that I didn't lose weight in the first week.)  I figure that if I'm mostly eating fruits and veggies and whole grains and not eating sugar or wheat, I should be losing weight, so it was really frustrating that I hadn't.  That said, I don't feel any better.  Although, I have to admit that I am eating better than I really do - it would be hard to eat badly on this diet.  Maybe I'm impatient, but I'm supposed to be feeling better in the two to three week range (if I have food allergies.)

I discovered that Trader Joe's is a wonderful place to shop if you are on this diet.  For instance, they sell non-organic unsulfered raisins, for less than half the price of organic (which is normally the only way to be sure you are getting unsulfered raisins - one of the requirements of this diet.)  They also sell whole grain rice pasta for half the price of everywhere else in town and they actually sell muffins that are on this diet!  Unfortunately, the muffins, Zen Bakery Blueberry Raspberry Oat Bran Muffins, are really not that good - they are very dry.  I was actually surprised because I've had other Zen Bakery products and really liked them.  Then again, I might like them better if I could have them with a cup of coffee! I haven't tried it yet, but Trader Joe's also has inexpensive rice milk.

Technorati Tags:
, , , , , ,

Blogged with Flock

0 Comments:

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks