Saturday, August 11, 2007

Pancakes and Popovers

The other night I decided I wanted something a little different and decided to try to make pancakes.  Despite the fact that I had to substitute for every ingredient in the recipe except salt, they turned out great!

Here's my new recipe -

Hypo-Allergenic Pancakes

Beat together:

1 cup rice milk
2 T canola oil (or other safe oil)
1 T Hanna Kroeger's Flaxseed Egg Replacer

Mix the following dry ingredients together:

1 cup oat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cream of tarter
2 T honey
scant 1/2 tsp salt

Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and cook on a hot greased griddle or fry pan.  Keep a close eye on them as they seem to cook slightly faster than standard pancakes.

Inspired by my success, I tried to make popovers today.  I don't know what I ended up with, but they weren't popovers.  They did taste pretty good though.

Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , , ,

Blogged with Flock

0 Comments:

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks